Friday, April 20, 2007

Getting Colder

After days adrift and minor winds, the weather has turned bitterly cold, though calm.



Having erected a shelter and changed into warmer garb, I keep myself occupied fishing, ending my aching hunger with a fine catch.



Re-energized by this repast I try to take bearings, but am not sure of the results.



One day I spot what seems to be land on the the starboard horizon, and unpack my spyglass to inspect this snowy coast or island-



I see a black figure against a white shore- perhaps this a nun from a Chilean convent, I think? Rescue at last! As I peer closer, I steer for land.



I seem to be much further south than I had thought.

1 comment:

Virrginia Tombola said...

Ah, but cold or not, what a marvelous land where even the pigeons take care with their evening wear!