Monday, May 7, 2007

Dashing (for Caledon)

Shock and surprise! I devoured any and all news of this Caledon incident, reading in the week-old papers of the ball abduction of the Kaiserienne, the threats of the Neualtenburg government, and of Bardhaven's request for terms. So many friends and associates in danger! I immediately decided to journey to Caledon and lend what aid where I could. I was joyful when I found several ships of passage in the port, and went about arranging my journey.

Unfortunately, I found no direct passage to Caledon, but elected for a circuitous route, hiring a sloop to Montevideo, with promise of a schooner to Dakkar, steamer to Casablanca, fast yacht to Cornwall, from where I would ride or travel by coach.

All the while the thought of danger to my many Friends in Caledon weighed on my mind, spurning me to travel faster. From each post I sent letters, knowing I may beat them to their destinations, but wishing to explain my concern, and intent to arrive, if I should not appear safely.


The Port of Stanley



The bayside of Montevideo



Pseudo-Incognito in Dakkar



Steaming up the African coast.



Sunset in Casablanca.



The Swift Yacht to Britain.



Landfall in Cornwall.



Throught the Emerald Valley, Caledon bound.


The distance grows smaller by moment, soon I shall be in Caledon :)

2 comments:

Kira said...

I'm so glad you're homeward bound!!! You've been very missed!!

Eva Bellambi said...

We look forward to your arrival! We have missed you and have been most concerned for you even through all the chaos.
Please send word to me at the Loch of your safe arrival in Caledon. We shall open a bottle of the Uisge Beatha Reserve to celebrate your homecoming.