Monday, June 11, 2007

Cold Dark of Day

In the smoky confines of the Champagne Room, onstage, the crooning rat-packer wannabee winds down his song as he achingly sustains a final note-

"...gaaaaa-aaaa-aaa-arrrrrrr!"
"Yes! Thank you!"

Scattered clapping greets the end of the song, as the performer gazes at the audience.
"Thank you..for that polite smattering, very kind!"
"Burt Bacharach has given us so many wonderful gifts, he's such a talented gentleman, and a dear personal friend of mine!"

"You're a great audience, I gotta tell ya! Now I'd like to continue my homage to the many themes of James Bond, or a section I call..choppin' Broccolli!, ho ho!"
He winks at a lady in the front row who stares back blankly, the joke lost.

"Er..Coughing up Fleming?..No?"

"Anyway, Here we go with a big number from the sixth movie "Cold Dark of Day" and..as this was written for a dear personal friend of mine, I hope I may do it justice...."

As the strings swell the performer begins....









"Ty, you're very kind! (My tab is at the bar!)"

3 comments:

Christine McAllister Pearse said...

*blinks and shakes her head in bewilderment* I think you've been working a wee bit to hard on your manor, my dear sir. However, it is nice to see you managed to blow off some steam! *smiles*

Anonymous said...

EEEEEE!!

/screams and throws flowers and underthings (someone else's) onstage!

Singit, Daddy-O!

Kira said...

WOOOO!!

*cheers like mad, after retrieving her underthings from the stage (someone else threw them, the nerve!)**